Identifying Young Carers & how to access support in Wakefield
Produced by Emma Newton, Young Carers Lead Practitioner, Wakefield Council
- What is a Young Carer
- Young Carer Indicators and how to provide support in schools
- Wakefield’s Current Young Carer Local Offer
- Overview of young carer pathway and how to refer into the service
Sarah Henry 60 mins
- Examine the key safeguarding concerns for teenagers
- Think about what makes teenagers vulnerable
- Explore the link been mental health and safeguarding
- How can we effectively safeguard teenagers
- Consider best practice and how best to engage with the older child and explore what they might need from the professionals around them.
Pornography, Impact, Research & Resources
Vicki Maybin, Advisor to Education, WSCP
Looking at the impact, research and resources available in the UK to tackle this increasing safeguarding issue. 43 mins
How to build effective relationships with adolescents.
Katie Howells a Child Protection Social Worker discusses how we can develop effective relationships with adolescents which can be a challenging age to work with.