This briefing will explore some of the vulnerabilities often associated with older children that may contribute to adverse outcomes and what strategies can be undertaken to support a successful transition into adulthood.
All practitioners who work with or manage vulnerable young people within their service or agency. For example schools, Youth Workers, Youth Offending Team and Social Workers/Children First Hub Staff.
* Outline what may contribute to vulnerability in older children
* Define some of the risk factors more commonly attributed to older children
* Explore some of the research into how experiences and development in early childhood may affect behaviours in adolescence
* Reflect on strategies for supporting vulnerable children and share ideas for improvement
* Understand what support is available and how it can be accessed