To increase the participants knowledge and understanding of Working Together 2018 to Safeguard Children and other key legislation including the West Yorkshire inter-agency procedures and local guidance. This course is delivered by the LSCB board trainer and a member of the multi-agency training pool.
This course is aimed at all groups of staff working with families and Children. All participants must have a basic awareness of child abuse and must have completed the Working Together Basic Awareness course or an equivalent level of learning in safeguarding children.
It is recommended that this course be undertaken once every two years for all front line practitioners.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Tuesday 14th January, 2020 - FULL
- Wednesday 18th March, 2020
* Identify actions needed to respond to concerns for the protection of children using the West Yorkshire Procedures and the Continuum of Need.
* Identify the key sources of legislation, government and local guidance that directly relate to the safeguarding of children and promoting of their welfare.
* Understand agency roles and responsibilities in the safeguarding of children.
* Understand what makes a good referral using Signs Of Safety.
* Understand the Multi-Agency framework for assessment and investigation to give an accurate picture of a child’s life.
* Have an increased understanding of what working together means and how agencies coordinating effectively can best achieve this.