To increase the participants knowledge and understanding of Working Together 2018 to Safeguard Children and other key legislation including the West Yorkshire inter-agency procedures and local guidance. This course is delivered by the WSCP Partnership trainer.
This course is aimed at all groups of staff working with families and Children. All participants must have a basic awareness of child abuse and must have completed the Working Together Basic Awareness course or an equivalent level of learning in safeguarding children.
It is recommended that this course be undertaken every two years for all front line practitioners.
Areas of Connecting Practice Model covered:
Strength Based Practice building resilience, reducing harm
Understanding the Impact of Risk & finding effective ways to reduce harm
The Impact of Trauma Informed Practice & successful intervention
Professional Curiosity, Challenge & using history as an indicator
Please arrive 09.15 minutes for registration and to ensure a prompt start.
Upcoming Course Dates:
* Have an increased knowledge of what working together means and how agencies can best achieve this.
* Identify actions needed to respond to concerns for the protection of children using the Continuum of Need and the West Yorkshire Procedures.
* Identify key sources of legislation, government and local guidance that directly relate to the safeguarding of children and promoting of their welfare.
* Understand agency roles and responsibilities in the safeguarding of children.
* Know about Early Help in Wakefield
* Understand what a good assessment looks like and how to create a SMART plan.
Covid-19 Guidance: These sessions will follow strict Covid-19 guidance – see attachment.
Attendance: If you book a place, please attend unless you are unwell. If you are unwell please email the WSCP ASAP.
Availability: Once a course is full we will have a waiting list, given Covid-19 we may have places that become available at short notice. If you are able to accept a place at short notice, please email your details to WSCP.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org