A one day multi-agency training event organized and delivered by West Yorkshire LSCB trainers. The aim of the trainers is to equip participants with the confidence and skills to deliver Safeguarding Children training.
All participants must have completed the Introduction to Working Together to Safeguard Children and Young People either through their own agencies or the LSCB and have a good understanding of safeguarding and their organization policies and procedures before they can attend this training.
This course is offered to those who are delivering, co-delivering or guest speaking on a Safeguarding Children’s Board multi-agency course or delivering safeguarding training internally to their own agency.
The course includes the opportunity to deliver a micro-teach in safeguarding in a safe and supporting environment.
* Describe how adults learn and the different learning styles
* List different methods of delivery and evaluate the pro’s and cons of these
* Recognise different resources available to trainers and the pro’s and con’s of these
* Identify techniques of how to handle difficult situations
* Demonstrate the skills required to deliver clear safeguarding messages
* Explain how and why the delivery of multi-agency safeguarding training is different to other forms of training delivery
Self Select by answering the following questions:
- Are you an experienced practitioner?
- Do you have knowledge and skills that you can share?
- Would you like to develop presentation skills to increase your confidence to deliver effective multi-agency training?
There is 3 Places for this course.
Refreshments will not be provided at this course.