This course is for professionals and managers working within the safeguarding arena. This briefing is a short introduction into stress awareness; and is solution focused. Participants will be exploring practical solutions in how best to respond to stressful situations.
Caring professionals can, like anyone else become stressed at work. This can impact on the professional both at work and at home.
The Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) formal definition of work-related stress is:
“the adverse reaction people have to excessive pressure or other types of demand placed on them at work”
Work can be good for people, but it can also be a great source of pressure. There is a difference between pressure and stress.
Pressure can be positive and motivating. Stress is when this pressure becomes too much and is a natural reaction to too much pressure.
This course is delivered by Dr Jonathan Heasley -Education Psychologist
This course is aimed at professionals and managers working in either statutory or voluntary community organisations with children, young people and their families.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Wednesday 6th November, 2019 - FULL
- Wednesday 26th February, 2020
* To focus on your emotional health and wellbeing
* To give you time to think about your own emotional health and wellbeing
* To give you a greater understanding of stress
* To be solution focused and give you some practical skills to deal with stressful situations