Signs of Safety is a practice model. It is a solution focused and safety oriented approach to undertake whole family work. This session is aimed at providing Basic Awareness Training for partner agencies and local authority staff on the Signs of Safety key principles, disciplines and tools for practitioners to use when they have a worry about a child. How to develop/create a plan when working with families?
All practitioners who have a lead for direct work with children and their family regarding; safeguarding, early help, behaviour management, attendance or health related worry. It is expected that delegates will have already completed basic safeguarding training.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Tuesday 21st April, 2020 - FULL
To provide an introduction to the Signs of Safety approach to enable participants to:
- To provide an introduction to the Signs of Safety approach to enable participants to:
- Recognise how the model can support collaborative working to promote family owned and led interventions.
- Support partners and managers to consider how they use Signs of Safety in their practice.
- To use the Direct Work with Children Tools to identify the child’s everyday lived experience.
- Know how to create a SMART plan with families.