Brief overview of the session
- The training looks closely at different types of financial exploitation people experience, the reasons why people become victims and the impact this has on the individual.
- The session explores financial abuse under The Care Act 2014, and how as professionals we can safeguard service users from financial abuse and exploitation.
- We aim to address the stigma attached to being scammed and how we can change this going forward.
- The role of WYFEAT (West Yorkshire financial Exploitation and abuse Team) and the referral process will also be explained in detail.
- The session also explains what practical measures are available to victims in West Yorkshire in order combat financial abuse and exploitation.
23rd June 2021 11am – 12.00 pm
This session will be delivered by Georgina Rushforth – West Yorkshire Financial Exploitation and Abuse team (WFEAT)
It will take place via Zoom
To book a place please email – firstname.lastname@example.org