Introduction to Migration
Monday 8th March at 1.30 to 4pm
Held online via Zoom
To provide an overview of migration in Wakefield for Officers, Managers, Frontline staff and partners of the Council.
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners responsible for both strategic and operational management and frontline service delivery;
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners representing diverse communities;
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners who may have no or little knowledge on migration issues;
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners who want to increase their understanding of migration issues in the area.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand different types of migrant groups and different routes of entry to the UK
- Understand the patterns of migration in the local area and the region and the impact this has on service delivery
- Understand some of the key current issues relating to migration
- Understand some of the challenges that can affect migrants and communities with migrants and how Councils and other services may respond to some of these challenges.
To book a place:
(Internal) log on to your Me employee self-service account and search ‘introduction to migration’ to book one of the 30 available places.
(External) email email@example.com stating you would like to book on the Introduction to Migration training session.