This course places an emphasis on ensuring that all possible steps are taken during the recruitment process to prevent people being appointed to multi-agency roles who could pose a safeguarding risk to children.
Whilst all stages of the recruitment process are covered this is not a detailed ‘recruitment and selection’ course but rather it addresses what measures should be put in place at each stage of the recruitment process to prevent inappropriate people being appointed.
The final module also reviews the measures which can be taken to maintain a safe culture given that the recruitment process itself cannot be totally fail safe.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Wednesday 14th April, 2021 - FULL
The key components of the training are: –
- Safer Recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Covid-19 Guidance: These sessions will follow strict Covid-19 guidance.
Attendance: If you book a place, please attend unless you are unwell. If you are unwell please email the WSCP ASAP.
Availability: Once a course is full we will have a waiting list, given Covid-19 we may have places that become available at short notice. If you are able to accept a place at short notice, please email your details to WSCP.
The course is from 9.30am to 5.00pm – Please ensure you arrive 09.15am minutes for registration and to ensure a prompt start.