An introduction to core principles for effective delivery of reflective safeguarding supervision. The course will equip learners with the foundations for developing their supervisory practice. Participants will be encouraged to plan for their ongoing development in this activity. The course will be delivered by an experienced independent safeguarding trainer.
Currently limited to one member of staff from each organisation due to limited places. Education Staff – This course will be of interest to the Senior DSL, who will be supervising the rest of the DSL team.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Tuesday 10th March, 2020 - FULL
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- State the principles of reflective safeguarding supervision using a model for effective supervisory practice.
- Identify the mandate for safeguarding supervision and demonstrate its’ relevance to own organisation and role.
- Use adult learning theories and models to critically analyse own and others practice, demonstrating an awareness of the impact of the emotional component of child protection work
- Develop an action plan for next steps which considers self, supervisees and own organisation.
The course is aimed at managers and practitioners who have, or who expect to have, safeguarding supervision roles and responsibilities. There is an expectation that participants will have previously completed safeguarding training relevant to their roles.