This free training is delivered by CAMHS Primary Practitioners as part of the Future in Mind initiative. The session is appropriate for anyone working with Children and Young People in a professional setting (school or community).
This event is suitable for practitioners and managers who are working with children, young people and their families.
How to book:
To book onto this course, you will need to contact: WakefieldCAMHS.Training@swyt.nhs.uk
Learning and Development Centre, Fieldhead Hospital, Ouchthorpe Lane, Wakefield, WF1 3SP
10th March 2020 -12.30pm to 4.30pm
25th June 2020 – 9.15 am to 1.15 pm
3rd September 2020 – 9.15 am to 1.15 pm
- To develop basic understanding of Eating Disorders, what to notice and how to access support.
- To develop awareness of Suicide prevention, identify risk factors and think about how risk can be safely managed.
- To develop basic understanding of Psychosis and consider how it impacts on children and young people.
- To consider other complex presentations in children and young people and consider what support is available.
- To consider what might be in a child or young person emotions first aid kit and identify your professional role in this.