To open the presentation:
Click the blue link beside the presentation, then either:
- You will be taken straight to YouTube or if it is a document follow the next steps:
- A box will then appear asking you if you want to open / save – choose one.
- The document will then appear/or ask you where you would like to save the document.
Please remember to complete an evaluation form link and email to: email@example.com
Poly Vagal Motorway of Wellness link
This video is about Poly Vagal Theory and simplifies how our brain and body works together and how stress can affect us.
A resource for parents, teachers, social workers, therapists and more!
Attachment and Trauma informed Practice during adolescent and teenage years into adulthood link
Provide a basic understanding of attachment theory and the problematic behaviours associated with attachment and trauma during adolescent and teenage years into adulthood
Explore an evidenced based therapeutic approach when working with adolescent and teenagers who display these behaviours.
Martin Honnor, Supporting Families Lead Practitioner, YOT, Wakefield Council
CHILD TRAUMA: Repl’ACE’ing the context link
What is Child Trauma? What is an ACE? Are they the same?
- How does this impact a child’s development?
- How does this impact on the family?
- How does childhood trauma affect a parents ability to parent?
- How can professionals spot this, what are the signs to look for?
- How can professionals work with the child?
- How can professionals work with the family?
- How can professionals become trauma aware, informed, and then applied?
- 61 mins
ACEs are traumatic events that affect children while growing up, such as suffering child maltreatment or living in a household affected by domestic violence, substance misuse or mental illness.
This short animated film has been developed to raise awareness of ACEs, their potential to damage health across the life course and the roles that different agencies can play in preventing ACE’s and supporting those affected by them.
This film has been produced for Public Health Wales and Blackburn with Darwen Local Authority. For further information visit ww.aces.me.uk.
Supporting school transitions for pupils with insecure attachments during and after COVID-19 link
- To raise awareness of how COVID-19 can impact pupils.
- Particular focus on pupils with insecure attachments.
- To give practical advice for planning and delivery to provide successful transitions.
- 45 mins
Hilary Hicks, Michelle Roe & Vicky Kitchin, Education & Inclusion, Wakefield Council
How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime; Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) link
Childhood trauma isn’t something you just get over as you grow up. Paediatrician Nadine Burke Harris explains that the repeated stress of abuse, neglect and parents struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues has real, tangible effects on the development of the brain.
Dr Nadine Burke Harris
Trauma-informed responses in relationship-based practice link
How does recognition of adolescents’ past experience can play a critical role in supporting the safety, permanency and wellbeing of adolescents and young adults.
A practical understanding of developmental trauma can enable workers to move beyond reactive responses to people’s presenting behaviour. In this webinar, Danny introduces his Frontline briefing and explains how recognition of adolescents’ past experience can play a critical role in supporting the safety, permanency and wellbeing of adolescents and young adults.
Danny Taggart, Research in Practice