To open the presentation:
Click the blue link beside the presentation, then either:
- You will be taken straight to YouTube or if it is a document follow the next steps:
- A box will then appear asking you if you want to open / save – choose one.
- The document will then appear/or ask you where you would like to save the document.
Pornography, Impact, Research & Resources link
Looking at the impact, research and resources available in the UK to tackle this increasing safeguarding issue.
Vicki Maybin, Advisor to Education, Wakefield Safeguarding Children Partnership
Risk, Resilience & Relationships: Safeguarding Adolescents into Adulthood link
Adolescent safeguarding is an area of practice that has undergone change in recent years, as we now understand how young people are more likely than younger children to experience risk and harm from outside the family – known as ‘extra-familial’ harm.
A video from Dez Holmes, Director at Research in Practice, on supporting young people to transition to adulthood and safeguarding from harm.
Dez Holmes, Research in Practice
Safeguarding Teenagers link
- Examine the key safeguarding concerns for teenagers
- Think about what makes teenagers vulnerable
- Explore the link been mental health and safeguarding
- How can we effectively safeguard teenagers
- Consider best practice and how best to engage with the older child and explore what they might need from the professionals around them.
- 60 mins
Adolescent Risk – The National Picture link – passcode is Bs!KXs0A
A recent webinar delivered in Wakefield covering what is happening around Adolescent Risk Nationally.
An excellent Presentation by Dez Holmes at a CYPS Wakefield All Staff Event in October 2020
The recording is of the whole session to access this session you will need to copy and paste the link below into your browser and then input the Passcode when prompted.
There are 2 videos, when the first one ends the second will automatically start.
The event was opened by Beate Wagner, Corporate Director, Children & Young People.
Dez’s presentation starts at 5 minutes and 49 seconds and lasts approx. 1 hour.