To open the presentation:
Click the blue link beside the presentation, then either:
- You will be taken straight to YouTube or if it is a document follow the next steps:
- A box will then appear asking you if you want to open / save – choose one.
- The document will then appear/or ask you where you would like to save the document.
Pornography, Impact, Research & Resources link
Looking at the impact, research and resources available in the UK to tackle this increasing safeguarding issue.
Vicki Maybin, Advisor to Education, Wakefield Safeguarding Children Partnership
Risk, Resilience & Relationships: Safeguarding Adolescents into Adulthood link
Adolescent safeguarding is an area of practice that has undergone change in recent years, as we now understand how young people are more likely than younger children to experience risk and harm from outside the family – known as ‘extra-familial’ harm.
A video from Dez Holmes, Director at Research in Practice, on supporting young people to transition to adulthood and safeguarding from harm.
Dez Holmes, Research in Practice
Introduction to County Lines link
This session will cover what county lines is, who is vulnerable (children and adults), key signs of county lines exploitation, what support is available and sharing concerns.
Amy Morris, West Yorkshire Police Modern Slavery Training & Partnerships Officer
Safeguarding Teenagers link
- Examine the key safeguarding concerns for teenagers
- Think about what makes teenagers vulnerable
- Explore the link been mental health and safeguarding
- How can we effectively safeguard teenagers
- Consider best practice and how best to engage with the older child and explore what they might need from the professionals around them.
- 60 mins