To open the presentation:
Click the blue link beside the presentation, then either:
- You will be taken straight to YouTube or if it is a document follow the next steps:
- A box will then appear asking you if you want to open / save – choose one.
- The document will then appear/or ask you where you would like to save the document.
Please remember to complete an evaluation form link and email to: email@example.com
- 31 mins
Michelle Dunne, Community Cohesion and Performance Officer, Wakefield Council
Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse link
By the end of the session you will be able to
- Define Honour Abuse & Forced Marriage
- Detect signs of Honour Abuse and Forced Marriage
- Use the appropriate safeguarding pathways
- List where to get additional information, support and resources
- 45 mins
Kerry Murphy, Community Cohesion Manager, Wakefield Council
General Awareness of Modern Slavery link
This session will cover the Modern Slavery Act, types of modern slavery, vulnerabilities and control methods used by traffickers as well as a brief overview of the National Referral Mechanism which offers support to any potential victim identified.
Amy Morris, West Yorkshire Police, Modern Slavery Training and Partnerships Officer
Child Criminal Exploitation: The Local Picture link
An overview of County Lines, including who is vulnerable, signs to look for, the terminology used and an overview of what’s happening in Wakefield.
Grooming young people is big business to this man link
The Cycle Continues link
Home Office, County Lines guidance link
The Children’s Society, what is County Lines? link
This is Money, ‘Deets and Squares’ article on children bank account scams link
West Yorkshire Police, Programme Precision link
Charlie Manson, Detective Sergeant at West Yorkshire Police
Adolescence Vulnerabilities, Risk and Exploitation link
A case study from Children Vulnerable to Exploitation Team